Woman suffers serious head injuries after car crashes into metal barrier
- Credit: Ian Burt
Police are appealing for witnesses after a woman was left with serious head injuries following a crash on the Norfolk/Suffolk border.
The crash happened shortly after 5pm on Tuesday on Browston Road near the Yarmouth Road junction at Lound when a white Vauxhall Corsa left the carriageway and collided with a metal barrier.
The female passenger in the vehicle, aged in her 50s, sustained serious head injuries and was taken to the James Paget Hospital before being transferred to Addenbrooke's Hospital.
The male driver of the car, aged in his 20s, was taken to the JPH with minor injuries.
The road was closed whilst emergency services attended.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision or the manner of driving of the Corsa prior to the incident.
Anyone with information should contact the PC Stuart Watson from Acle Police Station on 101.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 3 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 4 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 7 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 8 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 9 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 10 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's