Woman suffers serious head injuries after car crashes into metal barrier
- Credit: Ian Burt
Police are appealing for witnesses after a woman was left with serious head injuries following a crash on the Norfolk/Suffolk border.
The crash happened shortly after 5pm on Tuesday on Browston Road near the Yarmouth Road junction at Lound when a white Vauxhall Corsa left the carriageway and collided with a metal barrier.
The female passenger in the vehicle, aged in her 50s, sustained serious head injuries and was taken to the James Paget Hospital before being transferred to Addenbrooke's Hospital.
The male driver of the car, aged in his 20s, was taken to the JPH with minor injuries.
The road was closed whilst emergency services attended.
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision or the manner of driving of the Corsa prior to the incident.
Anyone with information should contact the PC Stuart Watson from Acle Police Station on 101.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 Man dies of collapsed lung after 'busy' hospital meant x-ray was missed
- 4 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 5 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 'It is a cash cow' - vicar's warning after being slapped with parking fine
- 8 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 9 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 10 Neighbours shock at ‘unexplained’ sudden death of woman