Woman hospitalised after three cars crash near Sainsburys supermarket in Thorpe St Andrew
A woman was taken to hospital after three cars crashed outside Sainsburys supermarket in Thorpe St Andrew.
Police, fire and ambulance crews were called to the scene in Pound Lane just before midday today.
A spokesman for Norfolk police said a Volkswagen Polo, Honda Civic and Mazda 5 were in collision near to the supermarket.
Fire appliances from Carrow and Sprowston attended and crews used hydraulic rescue equipment to cut a casualty free from one of the cars.
An ambulance, ambulance officer, and rapid response car were also sent, with two people suffering from shock and a woman taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital with neck pain.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed until 1.30pm when vehicles had been recovered.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 3 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 4 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 5 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 6 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 7 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 8 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 9 Hundreds flock to see exotic birds in Yarmouth bushes
- 10 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed