Woman had handbag snatched as she walked through Great Yarmouth cemetery
A woman in her 70s fell to the ground when a man snatched her handbag in Great Yarmouth.
Police are appealing for witnesses following the street robbery which happened between 1.30pm and 1.45pm on Friday. The victim, who is in her mid-70s, was walking through St Nicholas Cemetery near the Belvedere Road exit when an unknown man snatched her handbag.
She fell to the ground and was left shaken by the incident.
The man, described as white, 6' tall, of slim to medium build and wearing a dark jacket and dark tracksuit bottoms, fled the scene onto North Denes Road towards the town centre with a large dark purple fabric shopping bag.
Police would like to hear from anyone who may have any information about the incident or heard or saw anyone acting suspiciously in the area at the time of the offence.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should contact DC Matt Cornwall from Great Yarmouth CID on 101.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 3 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 4 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 5 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 6 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 7 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 8 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 9 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 10 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner