Woman from Norwich dies after crash near Wymondham
- Credit: copyright: Archant 2014
A young woman from the Norwich area has died almost two weeks after she suffered serious injuries in a crash on a Norfolk road.
The woman, in her 20s, was in a Volkswagen Polo which was involved in a crash with a black Volkswagen Passat at Wymondham.
She was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge with what were described as life-threatening injuries after the crash, which happened on Tuesday, October 7.
But police said she died in the early hours of yesterday morning.
The crash happened on the B1135 Stanfield Road, near the Stanfield Hall turn-off, at around 5.10pm. The woman's car was heading towards Wymondham town centre and the Passat was heading in the opposition direction.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the Passat, a man in his 40s from the Wymondham area, received chest injuries and was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for treatment.
Police appealed for anyone who witnessed the crash, or the manner of driving of either vehicle beforehand, to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 4 Plans proposed for 'flexible' space in derelict area of popular park
- 5 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 6 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 7 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 8 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault