Woman found dead at Norwich Cathedral
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating the death of a woman at Norwich Cathedral.
Officers were called to the cathedral at about 11.50pm on Sunday after a woman, aged in her late 30s, was found unresponsive.
Paramedics attended and treated the woman, who was pronounced dead at the scene.
Her death is currently being treated as unexplained and the area has been sealed off while officers continue to carry out enquiries to establish the circumstances surrounding her death.
A man in his 50s has been arrested in connection with the incident and remains in custody at Aylsham Police Investigation Centre, where he will be questioned.
You may also want to watch:
The grass area in front of the cathedral remains sealed off, with a police car and two forensic teams on scene.
A white tent covers the area where the body was found.
- 1 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 2 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village
- 3 How close is Norfolk to tier 1?
- 4 Major boost for £100m campaign to reintroduce rail travel between two Norfolk towns
- 5 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 6 Fears loss of Arcadia group could have significant impact on Norfolk high streets
- 7 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 8 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'
- 9 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 10 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m