Woman found dead at Norwich Cathedral
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating the death of a woman at Norwich Cathedral.
Officers were called to the cathedral at about 11.50pm on Sunday after a woman, aged in her late 30s, was found unresponsive.
Paramedics attended and treated the woman, who was pronounced dead at the scene.
Her death is currently being treated as unexplained and the area has been sealed off while officers continue to carry out enquiries to establish the circumstances surrounding her death.
A man in his 50s has been arrested in connection with the incident and remains in custody at Aylsham Police Investigation Centre, where he will be questioned.
You may also want to watch:
The grass area in front of the cathedral remains sealed off, with a police car and two forensic teams on scene.
A white tent covers the area where the body was found.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 8 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 9 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation