Driver hits telegraph pole and brings it down on the road
- Credit: Lucy Begbie
A woman driving home last night hit a telegraph pole which came down on the road and was hit by another vehicle.
The woman was driving along the Winfarthing and Shelfanger Road near Diss just after 7pm when the accident occurred.
A driver of a Vauxhall Astra then drove into the telegraph pole which was lying across the road.
Police were called at 7.34pm as well as the paramedics who checked the lady who was found to be okay.
Fiona Hawkins, a resident living opposite said: 'I was baking when I heard a noise, the dog started barking and my husband came through and asked if we'd been outside.
'Our neighbours were on the scene and I was asked to phone the ambulance but I couldn't phone from the landline because the telegraph pole had brought the wires down.
'An oncoming vehicle drove into the telegraph pole and they were really lucky because if they had been seconds earlier the pole would have hit their car.'
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 4 Covid restrictions played part in father's death, inquest told
- 5 Weather warning in place as snow falls in parts of Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 School closed its doors for three days after Covid outbreak
- 7 'Horrendous' - Norfolk couple stuck in South Africa as Omicron spreads
- 8 Out of control dog attacked and killed sheep, court hears
- 9 Luxury manor for sale with a 'Hobbit house' in the grounds
- 10 Unfinished barn conversion to go up for sale at auction