Woman dies and seven injured in crash
- Credit: Simon Parkin
A woman died and seven people were injured in a crash that closed a major road close to the Norfolk Suffolk border for several hours.
Police are appealing for witnesses following the fatal collision on the A143 at Brockdish, between the A140 Scole roundabout and Harleston, on Sunday, October 20.
Emergency services were called following the crash which happened at around 3.46pm on the Scole Road and involved a blue Ford C-Max and a white Vauxhall Corsa.
A critical care paramedic from Suffolk Accident Rescue Service attended but a woman in her 70s was pronounced dead at the scene. Seven other people were injured in the collision.
The A143 had to be closed between Thorpe Abbotts and Brockdish, near Needham, for more than five hours after the crash at the junction with The Street.
Officers are appealing for witnesses to come forward or anyone who may have dash cam footage relating to the collision.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact PC Craig Knowles on 101, quoting reference number NC-20102019-270.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 3 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 4 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich