Teenage woman dies in crash between car and cement mixer
- Credit: Archant
A woman in her late teens has died after a crash between a cement mixer and a car in Norwich.
It happened at around 12.05pm on Friday on Dereham Road, close to the Co-op petrol station.
Police and ambulance crews rushed to the crash but the woman, who was driving a white VW Polo was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the HGV was not injured.
The road remains closed between the Bowthorpe roundabout and the junction with Longwater Lane whilst recovery of the vehicles takes place.
You may also want to watch:
Konect bus has warned of severe delays to its 510 and 511 Park & Ride services due to the crash and Taverham High School has told parents that children could be late home as 'school transport may be delayed in collecting students'.
Police are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision, particularly anyone who saw the manner of driving of either vehicle prior to the incident or may have any dash camera footage of the incident.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 3 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 4 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 7 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 8 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 Woman who got stuck in marshes rescued by coastguards
Any witnesses should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Wymondham on 101 quoting incident number 166 of February 15.