Teenage woman dies in crash between car and cement mixer
- Credit: Archant
A woman in her late teens has died after a crash between a cement mixer and a car in Norwich.
It happened at around 12.05pm on Friday on Dereham Road, close to the Co-op petrol station.
Police and ambulance crews rushed to the crash but the woman, who was driving a white VW Polo was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the HGV was not injured.
The road remains closed between the Bowthorpe roundabout and the junction with Longwater Lane whilst recovery of the vehicles takes place.
Konect bus has warned of severe delays to its 510 and 511 Park & Ride services due to the crash and Taverham High School has told parents that children could be late home as 'school transport may be delayed in collecting students'.
Police are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision, particularly anyone who saw the manner of driving of either vehicle prior to the incident or may have any dash camera footage of the incident.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 5 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 6 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 7 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 8 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 9 'Man with a van' fined for dumping waste in village
- 10 New homes in Norfolk village will be for locals
Any witnesses should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Wymondham on 101 quoting incident number 166 of February 15.