RAF Lakenheath airman dies after car hits tree near Center Parcs at Elveden
- Credit: IAN BURT
An airman from RAF Lakenheath has died after a car crashed into a tree in Elveden.
The B1106 was closed while investigation work took place.
The crash, about a mile north of the entrance to Centre Parcs, took place at around 12.10am this morning when a blue Honda civic crashed into a tree.
RAF Lakenheath confirmed that a female airman from the 48th Fighter Wing had died in the crash. She was aged in her 20s.
They said the identity of the airmen would not be released until 24 hours after next of kin have been informed and no additional details will be available until the accident investigation is complete.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for Suffolk police said that fire and ambulance crews had also attended the scene.
The road was closed between London Road and Green Road while an investigation took place. It reopened at around 8am.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 4 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 5 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 6 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 7 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 8 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 9 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 10 Owners of popular street food van open café bistro in Norwich