Woman died after collapsing with blood clot in lungs at Hellesdon Hospital, inquest hears
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
A hospital patient died after collapsing with a blood clot in the lungs, an inquest opening has heard.
Sheila Steggles, 72, died at Hellesdon Hospital on the edge of Norwich on November 5, 2019.
An inquest into her death took place at Norfolk Coroner's Court at Carrow House in Norwich on November 19.
Area coroner, Yvonne Blake, said Mrs Steggles was a patient at the hospital, run by the Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust, at the time of her death.
She said the 72-year-old had rapid bipolar affective disorder and had collapsed in the hospital before her death.
You may also want to watch:
Her medical cause of death was a blood clot in the lungs due to deep vein thrombosis in one of her legs.
The inquest was adjourned to take place at Norfolk Coroner's Court on May 27.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 3 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 4 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 5 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 7 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich