Woman died after falling down the stairs of her Swaffham home, inquest hears
- Credit: Google Maps
A woman died as a result of head injuries suffered after falling down the stairs in her home, an inquest heard.
Girenas Petrosius died on Sunday, June 25 after falling down the stairs of her home on Providence Terrace in Swaffham.
An inquest opening held at Great Yarmouth Magistrates' Court on Thursday, July 27, heard how the 46-year-old had been drinking the evening of her death and had gone upstairs to go to bed.
However, she later suffered a fall, resulting in severe injuries to her head.
She was found on the stairs by her partner, who also identified her body to police.
You may also want to watch:
Area coroner Yvonne Blake, who opened the inquest, found that her occupation was a factory worker and that her date of birth was March 23, 1971.
She was born in Lithuania.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 5 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 6 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 7 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 8 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 9 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
A full inquest into her death has been scheduled to take palce at Norfolk Coroner's Court on Thorpe Road in Norwich at 12pm on Wednesday, December 20.