Woman arrested suspected of drink and drug driving after collision on A143
- Credit: Archant
A woman arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after a collision on the A143 this morning was later taken to Addenbrooke's with a bleed on the brain.
Police were called by the ambulance service at around 12.40am to reports of a single vehicle collision near to the roundabout on the A143 near Wortwell.
There were two occupants in the car at the time, a male and a female.
A fire appliance from Harleston with assistance from Bungay from Suffolk Fire and Rescue attended and released both casualties from the vehicle, also providing scene safety and casualty care.
Police said the male has sustained internal injuries with a 'possible fractured pelvis'.
The female was arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving. Following a CT scan she was found to have a bleed on the brain and was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 3 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 5 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 6 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 7 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 8 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 9 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 10 All I want for Christmas is... a twinkling tractor with fairy lights