Woman arrested on suspicion of arson and burglary following house fire in Poringland
- Credit: Archant
A woman in her 50s has been arrested in connection with a fire which broke out at a home on The Street in Poringland in the early hours of the morning.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue were called around 2.20am to the property, which is believed to be empty at the time.
Appliances from Carrow, Earlham and Loddon attended the fire. Crews wearing breathing apparatus used CAFS supplied by a hydrant, as well as a thermal image camera to extinguish.
Neighbour Grace Whiley, 40, said it was ' a real shame' because the property had recently been sold.
'We were aware of flashing lights about 2.30am because we are directly opposite the house,' she said. 'We weren't too worried because we knew nobody lived there any longer. 'The fire was quite bad in that the flames started coming out of the roof. The fire crews got there reasonably quickly because it wasn't out of control. 'By that time the whole of the inside was damaged and the roof was falling in partly.'
You may also want to watch:
A woman, aged in her 50s, has been arrested on suspicion of arson and burglary in connection with the incident and remains in police custody at Wymondham Police Investigation Centre.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 4 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 Do you recognise this man?
- 8 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 9 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 10 'Very calculated predator' - how jailed abuser befriended pupils' families