Woman and baby taken to Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital after A140 crash
A woman and baby have been taken to hospital after a major road crash on the A140 south of Diss.
Police have closed off several roads, including part of the A143 and the B1118, following the crash at Brome, which happened at 4.20pm today and involved three cars and a lorry.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said a woman in her 20s had been 'pinned in the car by her legs' and had suffered a head injury.
He said her baby was uninjured in the accident.
Paramedics from the East Anglian Air Ambulance went to the scene alongside the ambulance service.
You may also want to watch:
The woman and her child have been taken to the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital.
Traffic along the A140 is building up and there are long delays in both directions at the B1077 junction.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 5 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 6 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 7 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 8 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
Fire crews from Diss and Thetford joined their colleagues from Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service at the crash scene.