Woman airlifted from Walberswick beach
A 53-year-old woman was treated by medics from the East Anglian Air Ambulance at 12.30pm yesterday after collapsing on Walberswick Beach.
Anglia One landed close to the woman so that its crew could assess, monitor and sedate her. They then flew her to the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston.
East of England Ambulance Trust critical care paramedic Andy Downes said: 'This woman suffered a serious medical collapse which was threatening her life. We'd like to recognise the co-operation we received both from the RNLI and from the road ambulance crew on scene.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 4 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 5 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 6 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 7 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 8 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 9 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 10 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’