Woman accused of assaulting eight people and a police officer in two months in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been accused of assaulting eight people on separate occasions during a two-month period in Great Yarmouth.
Ritchie Hopley, 28, of Northgate Street, Great Yarmouth, faces eight separate assault by beating charges, one common assault and assaulting a constable between November, 20 2017 and January, 15 2018.
Today, October 19, she was due to appear at Norwich Magistrates' Court to answer the charges, but was unable to because of ongoing hospital treatment.
The court was satisfied that Hopley was unable to enter her plea on health grounds after notes from two doctors.
The case has been postponed for two weeks to allow a psychiatric report to be completed.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 2 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 7 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 8 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 9 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 10 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace