Woman, 81, dies after hit and run crash
An 81-year-old woman has died after being struck by a hit and run vehicle in Bury St Edmunds.The elderly pedestrian, who was today named as Thelma Driver, of Out Northgate, was hit by a small van as she crossed the road near her house at 6.
An 81-year-old woman has died after being struck by a hit and run vehicle in Bury St Edmunds.
The elderly pedestrian, who was today named as Thelma Driver, of Out Northgate, was hit by a small van as she crossed the road near her house at 6.30pm on Wednesday .
The vehicle, which may have been dark in colour failed to stop at the scene of the collision on Out Northgate, near the junction of Station Hill, and drove off towards the Mildenhall estate.
Ms Driver was taken to the West Suffolk Hospital in a critical condition and died yesterday afternoon. She was with a friend at the time of the collision, who was extremely shaken but unhurt.
You may also want to watch:
Police are continuing to appeal for any witnesses to the collision, or anyone who may have seen the van which may have been damaged in the collision.
Calls the Bury roads policing unit on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 7 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143