Witnesses sought after two teenagers are assaulted in south Lowestoft play area
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Police are seeking witnesses after two teenagers were assaulted in Lowestoft.
Trouble flared in an incident that took place at the children's play area in Fen Park, Kirkley
A group of three teenagers, two boys and a girl, were approached by three boys – also thought to be teenagers – at the park in Southwell Road about 4.45pm on Saturday, March 4.
One teenager accused the group of laughing at him and without warning punched one of the boys in the face a number of times. The victim ran off before the attacker then assaulted the other boy in the group before leaving the scene.
The girl in the group had left during the incident, but she returned with a woman. The boys who were with the attacker then also left the area.
You may also want to watch:
Both victims were injured and taken to hospital for treatment. The first boy suffered facial bruising and swelling. The second boy suffered facial and eye injuries. Both boys were very shaken up after the incident.
Police said the main attacker is white, about 16 to 18 years old, 5ft 9ins tall, with a stubble moustache and a strong defined jaw line. He wore an emerald green tracksuit, black coat and a baseball cap. The two other boys were younger and both wore black tracksuits with their hoods up.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 6 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 7 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 8 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 9 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 10 New vintage store opens bigger premises
Information to Lowestoft police on 101, quoting reference 21264/17.