Witness plea after man badly hurt in crash near Dereham
Police today issued an appeal for information after a 49-year-old man received life-threatening injuries in a head-on crash near Dereham.
The accident happened yesterday on the B1135 Dereham-Wymondham road just outside the town at Yaxham. Emergency services were called at about 10.15am after a blue Ford Focus and a silver Renault Trafic van were in collision.
The car driver was trapped and suffered serious, multiple injuries described by police as being life-threatening. His condition was not available today.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service crews from Dereham and Watton went to the scene and used hydraulic rescue equipment to free the stricken driver.
Today, Norfolk Constabulary boards appealing to passing motorists for information about the collision were in place on the roadside at the crash scene.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses are being asked to call the 100 non-emergency number and ask for Norfolk police's Swaffham traffic policing team.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 3 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 4 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 5 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 8 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 9 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 10 Gunn and Walton on City watch list as Nyland future remains unclear