Witness appeal over fatal crash in Acle
Officers from Acle road policing are appealing for witnesses to a fatal road traffic collision which took place early this morning in Acle.
At about 8.20am, a silver Vauxhall Vectra was in collision with the wall outside Barclays Bank on the High Street in the village.
The driver, a man in his late 80s from the Lowestoft area, was pronounced dead on arrival at hospital.
PC Stuart Evans would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the incident or the manner of driving of the Vauxhall prior to the collision. PC Evans can be contacted on 0845 456 4567.
- 1 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 4 Sale of council farm as part of 4,000 homes plan sparks controversy
- 5 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 6 Roadworks planned in Norfolk for this week
- 7 Lorry crashes into ditch in village near Norwich
- 8 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 9 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 10 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued