Witness appeal after two elderly pedestrians were airlifted to hospital following crash in Hunstanton
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after two elderly pedestrians were airlifted to hospital following a serious crash in Hunstanton yesterday.
It happened at about 1.05pm in Le Strange Terrace when a blue Audi S6 was involved in a collision with two pedestrians, a man and woman both in their 80s.
Both casualties were airlifted to hospital, the woman suffered serious injuries including a suspected fractured pelvis and a head injury while the man sustained a minor leg injury.
The driver of the Audi was arrested at the scene and was taken to King's Lynn Police Investigation Centre for questioning and later released on bail until July 20, while enquiries continue.
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the incident or has information concerning the driving manner of the Audi before the collision.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact PC Tom Allison at Swaffham Roads Policing on 101.
- 1 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 2 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
- 8 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 9 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
- 10 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs