Witness appeal after man in 70s dies in crash in Stibbard, near Fakenham
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
A driver who died in a car crash on the A1067 was a man in his 70s from the local area.
The man died at the scene yesterday afternoon after the crash which happened at about 1.15pm, close to the Guist side of Stibbard cross roads.
He was driving a burgundy coloured Nissan Primera which was involved in a head-on collisioin with a black Vauxhall Corsa. The Corsa was was travelling towards Fakenham.
A female passenger in the vehicle was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital with serious injuries. She remains in hospital in a critical but stable condition.
The male driver of the Corsa, aged in his 20s and from the Fakenham area, was also taken to the N&N where his condition has been described as serious.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed to allow emergency services to attend the scene. It was reopened at around 7.45pm.
Norfolk police officers would like to hear from anyone who believes they may have witnessed the collision.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 3 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 4 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 5 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 6 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 7 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 8 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 9 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 10 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
They are particularly keen to speak to the female driver of a silver Volvo V70 who is believed to have been in the area at the time of the incident and may have seen what happened.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Norfolk Constabulary's Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.