Witness appeal after man dies in a road collision
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Police are appealing for witnesses after a male driver died following a collision.
The crash happened at about 9.30pm on The Street (B1134) at Starston, when a silver Peugeot 206 travelling towards Pulham St Mary left the roadside and overturned.
The driver, a man in his 30s, died as a result of the collision.
Emergency services were at the scene for some time and the road was closed until 5.30am on Sunday.
Fire crews from Harleston and Long Stratton fire stations assisted the ambulance service.
You may also want to watch:
Ann Leitch, chairman of the Starston Parish Council, said the fatality was an 'absolute tragedy' for the victim's family.
Mrs Leitch said: 'It's absolutely tragic that somebody has lost their life on a road coming through Starston. As a parish council, once it becomes clear what the cause of the accident was, we'd be very supportive of any action to make sure it doesn't happen again.'
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 4 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 5 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 6 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 9 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 10 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
Mrs Leitch said that road was one that was gritted by Norfolk Council Council.
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the incident or has information concerning the driving manner of the vehicle prior to the collision.
Anyone with information should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Wymondham on 101.