Wintry weather causes multiple collisions on the roads
Emergency services have been dealing with multiple collisions this morning as icy roads led to treacherous conditions.
One person had to be cut from a car after crashing into a tree on the A148 around 5.45am, and the road was blocked for around three hours while the air ambulance and fire service attended.
Two fire appliances from Fakenham used hydraulic rescue equipment to rescue the person from the car.
The air ambulance attended the scene to deal with the casualty, but the injuries are not thought to be life changing or life-threatening.
Just before 6.30am, a Seat Ibiza and a Volkswagen Polo collided on Mill Road at Salhouse, causing the road to close in both directions.
The scene was cleared just after 7am, with police saying the incident had been 'due to the weather conditions'.
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 3 Queen flown by helicopter to Sandringham Estate
- 4 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 5 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 6 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 7 Seven of the best locations for a minibreak staycation in Norfolk
- 8 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 9 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 10 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast
No injuries were reported.
Two drivers also escaped a collision between a car and a truck at Fakenham uninjured this morning.
Police were called to the scene on the A1067 at Little Snoring at around 8.20pm, and oil was leaking into the road as a result of the damage to the vehicles.
No injuries were reported but highways officers have been called to deal with the oil patch.
Slow traffic around Reepham Road at rush hour was the result of two cars colliding around 8.05am.
One vehicle was stranded in the middle of the carriageway and no injuries have been reported.