Alien landscape is revealed on beach
- Credit: Archant
These giant holes could easily be mistaken for craters on the moon.
However the holes have appeared due to ongoing erosion at the beach at Winterton.
As these drone photographs by Simon Carter show a large stretch of the beach has now been cordoned off to the public.
Huge amounts of sand have been washed away over the course of more than a week, creating a shelf effect with gaping holes beneath.
There are fears Second World war tank traps could now pose a risk.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 8 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 9 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer