Norwich pub to host winter beer festival
- Credit: Aey Allen
A Norwich pub that was voted into The Good Beer Guide is preparing to host its 10th annual winter beer festival.
The Vine, on Dove Street, has been hosting a beer festival since 2009.
Owner Aey Allen, 48, whose past catering experience includes Siam Bangkok and Sugar Hut, said that beer lovers could expect a selection of excellent real ales from many counties, with some of them making their Norwich debut.
The event used take place twice a year, but owner Aey Allen says it now only takes place in the winter.
Ms Allen said: 'It is important that people support their local pubs all year round and not just during the peak periods otherwise they may not be there when you want them.'
You may also want to watch:
The Vine has appeared in The Good Beer Guide since 2011. This year's winter beer festival will take place from Friday February 1 to Saturday February 9.
The pub will also be serving its customary Thai cuisine for patrons to enjoy with the special list of beers.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting