Winning car at charity golf day would be a fine drive
- Credit: Kia
A spectacular drive could see golfers winning a new car while teeing up cash for a cancer charity.
Thetford Golf Club is holding a captain's charity day on Saturday, July 5 with an 18-hole Stableford competition for teams of four. Captain Brian Chadwick has chosen as his charity the Macmillan Unit at West Suffolk Hospital at Bury St Edmunds.
And EMG Kia, in Fison Way, Thetford, is offering a new Kia Picanto White, worth £11,225, as part of its sponsorship of the 11th hole. The Picanto is the prize for hitting a hole in one on the 205-yard, par-three 11th. All golfers have to do to take part in EMG's charity competition is donate at least £5 per person for the Macmillan Unit.
EMG Kia Thetford general sales manager Nic Eltringham, who is a member of Thetford Golf Club, in Brandon Road, said there were already 160 golfers in 40 teams signed up for the captain's charity day so far.
'Every pound raised goes to the Macmillan Unit,' he said, adding that he would really like someone to win the car and had taken out an insurance just in case someone hits a hole in one at the 11th.
You may also want to watch:
Entry for a team of four to the 18-hole Stableford competition, including breakfast and a two-course meal, is £110 for a team of Thetford Golf Club members and £130 for a team of visitors.
n For more information phone Thetford Golf Club on 01842 752169 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or you can enter the competition online at www.thetfordgolfclub.co.uk
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 3 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 4 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 5 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 6 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 7 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 8 New hotel could 'destroy character of Norwich Lanes'
- 9 Former care home sells at auction for £400,000
- 10 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England