Winners of Great Yarmouth shopping centre model contest revealed
- Credit: courtesy of Market Gates Shopping Centre
These are the nine finalists of a model competition that saw hundreds of people from the Great Yarmouth area enter and show off their best smiles and personality.
The finalists in the Market Gates Shopping Centre Modelsearch competition have been announced.
More 250 people entered the competition and after two scouting sessions 66 entrants were then invited to the shopping centre on Wednesday, June 7 to attend castings with a panel of judges made up of Dee Greenwood, deputy centre manager of the Market Gates Shopping Centre, Michael Knowles and William Brown of Modelsearch and Anthony Carroll, chief reporter at the Great Yarmouth Mercury and EDP Yarmouth office.
The winners were chosen from the age categories of four-six, seven-10, 11-15 and 16 years and over.
They were Pepper Rose Self, four; Olly Wright, four; Sophia Rilon, nine; Danny Gooda, seven; Evie-Louise Buckoke, 14; Joshua Punter, 14; Freya Windsor, 16; Sonya Cassidy, 36 and Daniel Dobson, 28.
You may also want to watch:
All of the finalists will be returning to the centre to attend a professional photo shoot in the autumn.
They will each receive a portfolio of photos and be featured in advertising campaigns, website and Facebook page for the Market Gates Shopping Centre.
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 5 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 6 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
One overall winner will be chosen after that fashion shoot to attend a London studio shoot in 2018 where they will be styled and photographed by top industry professionals.
Mrs Greenwood said: 'We would like thank everyone who came down to the centre to take part in our Modelsearch competition.
'At the castings, we were truly spoilt for choice but it was not just the great looks that impressed us, without exception, every model in every age category was charming, polite and had so many extra talents, skills and interests.
'It was a real privilege to meet so many delightful people and we are so sorry we could not choose everyone.'
Mr Carroll said: 'I was very impressed by all the entrants in the castings session I judged and it was a hard decision to choose the winners.
'Well done to everyone who took part in the castings.
'I look forward to seeing the advertising campaigns for the centre and the results of the final photoshoot.'