Windows Plus donation funds new kit for Thorpe Rovers Youth Football Club team in Norwich
- Credit: STEPHEN DADY
A grassroots football team can now play in a new kit thanks to a generous business.
Thorpe Rovers Youth Football under 10s team, which practises on Pound Lane, Thorpe St Andrew, Norwich, received a donation of £500 from Windows Plus, based on Salhouse Road.
The money was given after team coach and father-of-one, Jamie Dady, wrote to 15 local businesses asking for financial support.
Mr Dady, 37, from Riley Close in Norwich's Heartsease area, said: 'I myself faced a difficult situation with the team outgrowing its kit as the fee we charge to train is just enough to cover pitch hire for training and match days. We cannot really ask parents to pay more as people simply would no longer come.
'I want people to think about sponsorship for other clubs. We appreciate what Windows Plus have done.'
You may also want to watch:
Search Thorpe Rovers Youth Football Club on Facebook to contact the team.
- 1 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 2 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 5 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 6 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 7 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 8 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 9 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 10 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats