Prince William and Duchess of Cambridge throw Christmas party for RAF Marham families
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge are throwing a Christmas party for service families from RAF Marham.
They are inviting children and partners of personnel from 31 Sqn, who are currently on deployment to Cyprus, to London on Tuesday, December 4.
Families of personnel from RAF Conningsby, who are also in Cyprus, have also been invited.
The following day, the Royal couple will fly to RAF Akrotiri in Cyprus, to meet serving personnel.
Kensington palace said: 'Their Royal Highnesses wish to deliver a message of support to deployed personnel and to acknowledge and honour the fact that many serving personnel are away from their families at this time of the year.
'Approximately 7,500 military personnel are currently serving overseas or away from home on exercises. A large portion of these have children who will have a parent away over the festive period.'
- 1 Norfolk zoo keeper abandoned as a baby reunited with mother in ITV show
- 2 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 3 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
- 4 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 5 Boat users given fines over £16k for breaking rules on Norfolk Broads
- 6 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 7 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 8 Norfolk couple: 'We’ve lost £30k in cryptocurrency scam'
- 9 Café completely sells out on first week of launching Sunday roasts
- 10 Woman freed from vehicle after car overturns near to shops