Prince William and Duchess of Cambridge throw Christmas party for RAF Marham families
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge are throwing a Christmas party for service families from RAF Marham.
They are inviting children and partners of personnel from 31 Sqn, who are currently on deployment to Cyprus, to London on Tuesday, December 4.
Families of personnel from RAF Conningsby, who are also in Cyprus, have also been invited.
The following day, the Royal couple will fly to RAF Akrotiri in Cyprus, to meet serving personnel.
Kensington palace said: 'Their Royal Highnesses wish to deliver a message of support to deployed personnel and to acknowledge and honour the fact that many serving personnel are away from their families at this time of the year.
You may also want to watch:
'Approximately 7,500 military personnel are currently serving overseas or away from home on exercises. A large portion of these have children who will have a parent away over the festive period.'
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17