Wildcat Aerobatics to feature on television series
- Credit: Archant
A display team based at Old Buckenham Airfield is set to feature in a new television series.
Wildcat Aerobatics will be seen in episode three of the BBC2 series Skies Above Britain.
Pilots Al Coutts and Willie Cruickshank are followed by the show's camera crew into one of their high-octane displays before they talk about what they do in the skies and the challenges of display flying.
The viewers will get a behind-the-scenes insight into life as a Wildcat pilot.
Mr Coutts said: 'It was a little intrusive initially to be followed around the film crew but we quickly became used to their presence.
You may also want to watch:
'It was great fun to fly for the cameras and we hope it gives a true insight into the tight cohesion of both those on the ground and those in the sky.'
The episode will air on Wednesday, August 31 at 9pm.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 6 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 7 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 8 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab