‘His legacy will never be forgotten’ - Wife’s tribute to husband killed in A11 crash
- Credit: Norfolk Constabulary
A wife has issued a touching tribute to her husband after he was killed in a crash on the A11.
Rikki Loades, 31, and of Colossus Way, Norwich, died on Monday, April 29 in the crash between his car and a HGV.
Police had earlier been called at 4.55am after Mr Loades' car, and another car, hit a deer.
But Mr Loades' car was then involved in a crash with a HGV and he died at the scene.
His wife, Tosin, released a photo of her husband on their wedding day and speaking on behalf of the family said: 'On Monday the 29th of April, our family tragically lost a devoted father, a loving husband, a hero of a brother and a wonderful son. We will treasure his memory always and his legacy will never be forgotten.'
At an inquest opening at Norfolk Coroner's Court on Friday, the medical cause of death was given as multiple injuries due to a road traffic collision.
You may also want to watch:
The court heard Mr Loades was born on September 1, 1987 in Great Yarmouth and worked as a website developer.
Senior coroner for Norfolk Jacqueline Lake adjourned the inquest until October 23.
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 5 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
The investigation into the crash continues.
Anyone who may have witnessed the collision should contact Sergeant Chris Harris at Wymondham Roads Policing on 101 or christopher.Harris@norfolk.pnn.police.uk.