Wicklewood Windmill scene painted by young master
- Credit: Archant
Stunning images of Wicklewood Windmill have been painted by 13-year-old artist Kieron Williamson.
Kieron, who is from Holt and now lives in Ludham, painted the windmill in oils and watercolours, and the works have been reproduced on a card which is being sold at windmill open days to help fund restoration works.
Kieron said: 'Windmills are so iconic in the landscape it would be such a shame to see them all derelict.
'It's important to see them preserved.'
The windmill needs repairs including to get the mill winding again, which will cost about £1,000.
You may also want to watch:
Mill keeper Hugh Slade said: 'One of the other things that needs to be done is the brake which stops the sails from turning and this needs setting up so that we can have the sails turning and then stop them when needed.
The next open days will be held on August 21 and September 18 from 1pm to 4pm.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 3 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 4 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 5 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 6 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 7 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 8 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 9 Teen in serious condition after bank holiday crash
- 10 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban