Why we all think Norfolk is a cool place to be
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press Â© 2011
The national newspaper The Guardian has told us what anyone who lives here already knows - Norfolk is officially cool. Their story on some of the virtues of this fine county prompted others to come up with their own ideas.
But now others appear to be catching on to the charms of Nelson's County.
Yesterday, The Guardian online flagged up a measly 'eight reasons why Norfolk is cool', including the prominence of Norfolk boy Jake Humphrey, Broadland being the safest place in the country in which to live, and Hollywood A-listers Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher holidaying on the Broads.
Sadly, despite sidestepping any references to Delia Smith, the Observer fell into one of the Norfolk cliche traps by citing Alan Partridge as another of the eight reasons.
And, in a cross-border faux pas, its main photograph to illustrate the article was of Wicken Fen - in Cambridgeshire.
You may also want to watch:
Nevertheless, the article got Norfolk going, and - following a shout out by @Brays_Cottage - the #coolnorfolk hashtag was soon trending on Twitter.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 Holidaymakers rescued after boat lodged under bridge
- 3 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 4 Bargain Hunt films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 5 Fresh calls for action over 'unacceptable' queues at A11 roundabout
- 6 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 7 Photo shows car inches from knocking cyclist off road
- 8 Administrators appointed at AF Biomass
- 9 Norwich City drop huge hint of global star gig at Carrow Road
- 10 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast