Why was The Forum evacuated?
- Credit: Archant
About 100 people were evacuated from The Forum in Norwich today, February, Tuesday 26.
At about 11.30am the fire alarm went off and staff helped the public leave the building.
Visitors were left confused as they left the building as to what could have happened to cause the evacuation.
A spokesman for The Forum said: 'We can confirm it was a routine fire alarm practice.'
Members of the public were allowed back into the building after about 10 minutes.
Staff at the scene thanked members of the public for their patience and for evacuating quickly.
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 4 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 5 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 6 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 7 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 8 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 9 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 10 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages