Why has Wimpy in Lowestoft closed down?
- Credit: Archant � 2009
A restaurant chain is on the lookout for a new franchisee after its Lowestoft one pulled out of the company.
Wimpy, on London Road North, closed suddenly this week, after its franchisee decided to cancel its contract.
Now, the burger chain, which now only has one location in Norfolk and Waveney, is looking to find a new person to run a restaurant in England's most easterly point.
A spokesman for Wimpy UK said: 'We know that the Wimpy in Lowestoft was always a popular destination for casual dining and we were disappointed it shut its doors for the final time in on Tuesday (September 5). All our restaurants are owned and operated by franchisees and in this case it was the franchisee's decision to terminate the contract.
'We had already earmarked Wimpy Lowestoft for a major refurbishment and, as part of our commitment to the town, we have now embarked on a search for other premises and a new franchisee.
You may also want to watch:
'We sincerely hope that we will be able to put Wimpy firmly back on the menu for Lowestoft people before too long.'
The current location, which sat between Santander and WH Smith, has since been replaced with a new eatery called Coastal Café,
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 7 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old