Why has Spud-u-Like in Great Yarmouth shut?
- Credit: Liz Coates
A popular restaurant and take-away serving jacket potatoes has shut without explanation in Great Yarmouth.
Spud-u-Like in Regent Road has reportedly failed to open for the last few days.
Today, Wednesday, one of the busiest shopping days of the week people, were milling around outside and peering through the window.
Inside the shop looked ready to open. although there was uncollected post on the doorstep.
There was speculation that the owners had opted not to renew their lease, while other people wondered if they were away on holiday.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Spud-u-Like said he was unable to comment.
He said that Yarmouth was one of only two franchises, with all the other branches being company owned.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 9 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
- 10 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
Spud-u-Like first opened in Edinburgh in 1974. The chain has around 50 branches.
The Yarmouth shop has been there for at least 35 years.