Why are American B-2 stealth bombers flying over the county?
- Credit: Archant
People around the region have reported sightings of American bomber aircraft in Norfolk and Suffolk skies.
Several have taken to social media to post photos of the B-2 Spirit stealth bombers in the region, with one person having seen them fly over Attleborough towards Norwich.
The aircraft, from the United States Air Force (USAF), are understood to have flown into RAF Fairford in Gloucestershire in the early hours of Tuesday.
B-52s have also been seen flying over various parts of the county.
Referring to the B-52s, a spokesperson for the airfield told the Gloucestershire Live: "The USAF are deploying a variety of aircraft and support personnel to RAF Fairford during August and September 2019.
You may also want to watch:
"While deployed to the UK the aircraft will conduct a series of training activities in Europe, these activities are long planned."
The newspaper reported that more details are set to be announced at a press conference on Friday.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 3 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 4 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 5 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 6 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year
- 7 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 8 A47 opens 18 hours after HGV overturns in crash with car
- 9 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
The Gloucestershire airbase is one of a handful where the planes can land, due to its long runway and specially built hangars.