Who will Royal baby’s godparents be?
- Credit: PA
The Royal baby's godparents are expected to be announced just before the christening.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have previously opted for close friends and valued family members for the spiritual role.
They will chose confidantes rather than following the Windsor tradition of selecting older royal relatives.
MORE - click here for all our Royal baby coverage
You may also want to watch:
It is likely that the baby will have five godparents, as does Charlotte, whereas George, a future king, has seven.
George's seven godparents included Julia Samuel - a close friend of Diana, Princess of Wales, the couple's former private secretary Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton and William's cousin Zara Tindall, while Charlotte's five included Kate's school friend Sophie Carter and Laura Fellowes - the daughter of one of Diana's sisters.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
Possible contenders include:
William and Kate may ask another of the van Cutsem brothers who are old family friends of the Duke.
They selected William van Cutsem for George and may pick one of his siblings - Hugh, Edward or Nicholas - or perhaps Hugh's wife Rose van Cutsem this time.
The Duke of Cambridge is godfather to Hugh and Rose's daughter Grace, who was a bridesmaid at the royal wedding and almost stole the show on the balcony after covering her ears during the flypast.
Kate's Marlborough College friends include Catriona 'Trini' Foyle, Alice Avenel (nee St. John Webster), Alicia Stoddart (nee Fox-Pitt) and Hannah Carter (nee Gillingham).
Others in the couple's social circle include jockey Sam Waley-Cohen and his wife Bella, William's school friend Tom Sutton and his wife Harriet, heir to Viscount Allendale, Wentworth 'Wenty' Beaumont and his wife Vanessa, Lady Iona Hewitt, and Lady Natasha Rufus Isaacs, an old friend of Kate's who runs the fashion label Beulah London.
William and Kate's former university flatmates are Fergus Boyd and Olivia Bleasdale who also attended their 2011 wedding.
From the royal side, William's cousin Peter Phillips could be a safe bet.
If William and Kate wanted to fully welcome Prince Harry's bride to be Meghan Markle into the fold, they could make her their new baby's godmother. The move would delight the baby's Uncle Harry.