Who will be all-conkering at popular annual championships in Geldeston?
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2015
A Geldeston pub will once again play host to a smashing annual conkers tournament.
Since its inception 12 years ago, the Waveney Valley Conkers Tournament has attracted hundreds of participants and spectators to the Locks Inn, which sits on the banks of the River Waveney.
On Sunday, October 8, there will be separate contests for adults and juniors, live music from Roop Murphy and the usual 'best dressed' conker competition.
The event is organised by Yanny Mac, who will oversee proceedings alongside comedian Patrick Lappin, the referee for each fierce battle.
'Adults love conkers because they remember playing as kids on the playground and it generates a feeling of nostalgia,' said Mr Mac.
You may also want to watch:
'Our referee Patrick takes no prisoners; if you want to play a grown-up game, you're going to be treated like one!'
Registration is at midday and it costs £2 to compete, with funds going towards the River Waveney Trust's restoration of the original 1670s locks along the river.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 4 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 9 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 10 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue