Person who posted “vile” tweets about King’s Lynn Town player comes forward
- Credit: Archant
The person who posted 'vile and disgusting' tweets about a King's Lynn Town player has come forward.
Three messages were posted on Twitter after the team lost 3-0 to Hitchin Town on Wednesday night.
The tweets are understood to have targeted Linnets player Kieran Shipp.
Officials said they were 'sickened' at the 'vile and disgusting' messages and appealed for information from fans as to who may have posted them.
In a statement today, the club said: 'Late yesterday afternoon, the club was contacted by an individual who has admitted responsibility for some of the remarks made on social media platform Twitter following the club's league fixture at Hitchin Town on Wednesday.
You may also want to watch:
'Following further investigations and information received, the club are satisfied of the person's validity.
'Club officials have initially spoken to the person concerned and a meeting has been arranged with club chairman Stephen Cleeve to determine further action.
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 3 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 7 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 8 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 9 End of an era as Debenhams closes in Norwich
- 10 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
'The club wishes to thank supporters for their help and support in this situation. There will be no further comment from the club at this time.'