Who’s your unsung hero? Nominate community stalwarts in Diss for awards
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Diss looks set to recognise the people who make the town a lovely place to live and work in.
Every year Diss Town Council awards a member of the community who has dedicated their time and skills for the good of the town and its citizens.
Nominations range from individuals, community group leaders or someone who is always willing to lend a hand and help others.
Last year's winners were Pete Gillings - who was named honoured citizen - and Owen Leeder, who was nominated by Diss High School and named junior good citizen for his fund rasing work on behalf of the charity Nelson's Journey.
The deadline for this year's nominations is Wednesday, April 12. Anyone who wishes to nominate someone can download a nomination form from www.diss.gov.uk or visit the town council offices to collect a form in person.
You may also want to watch:
The awards will be presented at the annual town meeting held May 3.
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 4 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 7 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 8 Jailed this week: Abuse, assaults and burglaries
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 10 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base