Who is top dog in the sausage stakes? Battle of the Bangers at Beccles Farmers Market aims to find out
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The heat will be on at Beccles Farmers Market this weekend, as sausage producers battle it out in an annual competition.
The Battle of the Bangers returns to the twice-monthly market at Ellough Airfield on Saturday, aiming to once again determine who the top dog in the sausage stakes is.
Six different producers have prepared entries for the yearly competition, which will be decided by the popular vote, as stall holders celebrate British Sausage Week.
With bangers produced from a variety of different ingredients, testers will be presented with a tough, but tantalising task of choosing one winner.
The six entrants will see samplers choosing between pork and apple, chicken and sage, beef and horseradish, Alburgh, spicy lamb and classic Lincolnshire, as they look to crown the best banger of the bunch.
The market opens from 9am until 1pm with opportunities to sample sausages and vote throughout.
- 1 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 2 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 3 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 4 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 5 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 6 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69
- 7 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
- 8 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 9 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 10 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'