Who is top dog in the sausage stakes? Battle of the Bangers at Beccles Farmers Market aims to find out
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The heat will be on at Beccles Farmers Market this weekend, as sausage producers battle it out in an annual competition.
The Battle of the Bangers returns to the twice-monthly market at Ellough Airfield on Saturday, aiming to once again determine who the top dog in the sausage stakes is.
Six different producers have prepared entries for the yearly competition, which will be decided by the popular vote, as stall holders celebrate British Sausage Week.
With bangers produced from a variety of different ingredients, testers will be presented with a tough, but tantalising task of choosing one winner.
The six entrants will see samplers choosing between pork and apple, chicken and sage, beef and horseradish, Alburgh, spicy lamb and classic Lincolnshire, as they look to crown the best banger of the bunch.
You may also want to watch:
The market opens from 9am until 1pm with opportunities to sample sausages and vote throughout.
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 8 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 9 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 10 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner