Which roads will be closed for Norwich’s Big Boom fireworks display
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
There are lots of road closures in place in Norwich tonight as the city's skies are brought to life by the Big Boom! fireworks display.
The display starts at 7.30pm at Norwich Castle and entry is free.
This spectacular firework display in the heart of Norwich city centre, with the stunning backdrop of Norwich Castle, replaced the Sparks in the Park event a few years ago and has been a big success. Watch from in front of City Hall for the full audio visual experience.
• The following roads will all be closed between 5pm and 8.30pm:
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
Back of the Inns
Bethel Street (from St Peters Street to Forum car park)
Cattle Market Street
Little London Street
Red Lion Street
St Peters Street
St Andrews Hill
St Giles Street (from Upper Goat Lane to Gaol Hill)
St Stephens Street
White Lion Street
Revoke pedestrianisation of Upper Goat Lane
Thickthorn and Norwich Airport Park and Ride services will remain open until 9pm tonight and the City Council are urging people to use public transport if they can.