Where to get sandbags in Great Yarmouth and Gorleston
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of sandbags have already been given out to residents preparing their homes in case of flooding.
Staff from GYB Services have been handing out sandbags since 8.30am this morning (Friday, January 13).
Sue Orme who runs the The Collingwood Guest House in Princes Road, Great Yarmouth was collecting sandbags to protect her property.
'We have got quite a big garden at the back and basement which we are protecting. Our neighbours were flooded in 2013
Richard Hertherington, 45, of Hawkins Close was collecting sandbags too, but said he thought his house should be safe.
You may also want to watch:
A limited supply of sand and empty bags have been made available at the below locations.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 7 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 8 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
• Brush Quay, Gorleston
• Beach Coach Station car park, Great Yarmouth
• The car park at Cobholm, off Pasteur Road, close to Topps Tiles
• South Quay, opposite Friars Lane, Great Yarmouth
• Runham, on the corner of Runham Road and North River Road
You are entitled to a maximum of six sandbags.