Norfolk’s got a new sausage festival for 2019
- Credit: IAN BURT
The first Big Norfolk Sausage Bash is coming to Aylsham this spring.
A collective of food lovers and producers from the county have come together to announce a brand new event for 2019 – The Big Norfolk Sausage Bash.
Coxfords Butchers, sausage roll champion and chef Charlie Hodson and Sam Bagge of Walsingham Farm Shop, will host the inaugural event in the centre of Aylsham on Sunday, May 12 from 10am to 4pm.
Not only is the sausage fest free, but it's entirely not for profit, with all proceeds being shared out between five charities and organisations including the local scout group, Aylsham's church, Aylsham Cluster Trust, Cancer Research UK an Hospitality Action UK.
The group said: 'The main focus is bringing awareness to the high street butcher. They're closing all around the country. We thought, what better way to highlight how amazing they are? We're inviting butchers from Norfolk but we're also going outside of Norfolk and out of East Anglia, offering help and support to other butchers and bringing a highlight to their high streets. For us it's about farming, the farmer, the retailer and the chefs who use sausages.'
You may also want to watch:
On the day as well as sausage and other food producers, organisers expect to have lots of locally produced beer, a butchery and chef live demonstration stage in the town hall, and live music going on until the evening. Activities for children will be hosted in the church and its grounds.
If you're a butcher or producer wanting to take part contact Coxfords Butchers. Other stand holders should call Sam at Walsingham Farm Shop.
- 1 WATCH: Air ambulances can't land after hospital helipad wrecked by US aircraft
- 2 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 3 Norfolk to feature in Steven Spielberg's Second World War TV series
- 4 Endangered red kite shot dead and hung from tree
- 5 Partner pays tribute to 'love of my life' after Thorpe stabbing
- 6 'Disappointment' for town centre with McDonald's branch closure
- 7 Man who plagued neighbourhood with loud music has speakers seized
- 8 Teacher's safety calls after e-scooter hit and run
- 9 Hospital owner vows 'never again' as liquidator called in
- 10 Third time lucky? Couple's plea after dream wedding day cancelled again