Appeal for donations as volunteers prepare for Open Christmas
- Credit: Belinda Roll
More than 300 dinners will be prepared and served at the annual Open Christmas meal in Great Yarmouth on Christmas Day.
And organisers are appealing for items for the goodie bags to be handed out to the people who attend the annual party, which caters for the lonely, older residents, families in need and the homeless to enjoy a traditional turkey roast together.
Goodie bags will include non-perishable food such as tinned food, biscuits, cakes etc, and toiletries.
The Open Christmas group is also looking for family size Christmas cakes and shopping vouchers.
Spokesperson Belinda Roll said: 'Vouchers are always really handy as there is generally a last minute dash to the shops to get essentials which haven't been donated. Items suitable for raffle prizes always needed too.
You may also want to watch:
'The other thing we need is transport! We have some minibuses loaned for the day which is fantastic but we could do with a couple more. Ideally we need the minibus and a driver already licensed for that vehicle as it's difficult to get separate drivers for loaned buses. 'Failing that people prepared who can give up their time to ferry guests about in their own cars are very helpful. All volunteers can stay for Christmas lunch even if they are doing an early morning or late afternoon shift.'
A vital meeting will be held for volunteers who have signed up to help. It is at 6pm on Wednesday, December 6 at the venue - the Marine Centre café on the seafront. As well as going through the various roles, the volunteers will be taken on a walk-through of the café at 6pm prompt.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 7 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 8 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 9 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 10 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
Belinda Roll added: 'We look forward to seeing you all there, for more details or any questions call 07928 927 053.'