When is Grand Central opening in Thetford?
- Credit: Archant
American bar and grill Grand Central will be the first eatery to open at Thetford's £8m Riverside Development.
The 150-seat restaurant, which offers an 'authentic taste of the States', will open its doors to the public on Tuesday, April 25.
It will be a first foray into Norfolk for Ely-based company TLC Inns, which owns the chain's five restaurants - including one in Ipswich.
Founders Steve and Jo Haslam, who opened their first pub in Ely ten years ago, said they wanted to be part of Thetford's regeneration.
You may also want to watch:
The restaurant has created 50 full and part-time jobs and has employed local people.
The Riverside complex – a combination of a cinema, 64 bedroom hotel, and restaurant and café units – was officially opened in December last year.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 5 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 6 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 7 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 8 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 9 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 10 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
It is delivered by Breckland Bridge, a joint partnership between Breckland Council and property developers The Land Group.
The Travelodge, which opened in October, and The Light Cinema, which began showing films in December, are trading above expectations.
Grand Cental offers a breakfast menu, which includes bagels, waffles and pancakes, a wide-ranging lunch and dinner menu, a dessert menu packed full of American treats and a drinks menu of shakes and cocktails.
For more information about Grand Central click here