When are the 2016 Norwich Christmas lights being switched on?
- Credit: Archant
The Norwich Christmas lights switch on will be taking place on Thursday November 17 at City Hall.
The evening's fun will start at 6pm with entertainment from a host of performers including sets from Mixed Voice, The Garage and a light juggling show.
Santa's colourful parade will then set off at 6.15pm from Norwich Cathedral, accompanied by carol singers. It will wind its way to The Forum, where children will be able to give Santa their Christmas letters and take part in other festive fun.
Back at City Hall, at 7pm Norwich City chairman and Strictly Come Dancing star Ed Balls will be switching on the lights throughout the city.
This will be followed by light projections set to music on Norwich Castle and City Hall.
Mr Balls said he was delighted to be invited to take part in the festivities in his home city.
'What an honour to turn on the Christmas lights in my home town of Norwich,' he said.
- 1 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 4 Sale of council farm as part of 4,000 homes plan sparks controversy
- 5 Roadworks planned in Norfolk for this week
- 6 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 7 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 8 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 9 Lorry crashes into ditch in village near Norwich
- 10 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
'I'm so thrilled to be part of what promises to be a spectacular evening and also get the chance to say thank you to everyone who has supported me on my Strictly journey – I couldn't have done it without you.'