Wheel comes off vehicle in A47 breakdown
- Credit: Archant
A vehicle lost a wheel after a break down on a major road near Norwich.
Drivers faced delays heading westbound towards Dereham this morning (Monday, August 19) after the incident.
Officers from Norfolk Police were called to the A47, near to the Trowse junction with the A146.
A police spokeswoman said: "We received a call at 7.34an to reports of a break down occurring on the A47 close to the Trowse junction with the A146, in the westbound carriageway heading towards Dereham."
She added: "The incident involved a broken down Nissan [and] it looks like one of the wheels had come off.
You may also want to watch:
"Recovery were called to the A47 at 9.30am."
A witness reported seeing police at the scene, which involved a silver 4x4, and said a wheel had come off the vehicle.
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 7 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 8 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 9 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 10 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
Drivers were also affected by delays following a collision at the Postwick junction on the A47, which blocked the westbound lane.